Lisa Haley, fiddler, Lisa Haley & the Zydekats
Vibrato-AE Violin (BAR-AEVB) in Barcus-Berry Blue and the (1320) Violin Bridge Transducer.
Quote: "My Barcus-Berry® is the only violin I play, both on the road and in the studio. Not because of an endorsement, but because I believe in your product. Having tried other violins and bridges, the original design is still the best: Professional-quality standards and electronics which hold up on the road!"
Bio: Lisa Haley has played Barcus-Berry® violins and pickups for over 30 years.
This GRAMMY Nominated fiddler, dancer, vocalist, and songwriter serves up heart-moving Louisiana Bayou rhythms, traditional and original songs, speaking to all ages.
Lisa's unique musical talents have been referred to by the LA Times as:
"A pop approach to Louisiana's Cajun sound, a one-of-a-kind cornbread voice, a la the bluesy moans of Janis Joplin."
- GRAMMY Nominated album King Cake on Billboard World Chart
- National touring act, representing Zydeco for GRAMMY Museum, Hollywood Bowl Summersounds, Sir George Martin (Beatles producer) film Rhythm of Life
- Three women in our five-piece band, with Lisa Haley violin, Gigi Rabe Accordion Diva and amazing drummer Maria Martinez
- Zydeco Band of the Year Bay Area Blues Society
- Latest album Absolutely Live! and preparing to record album #8
- Touring in over 20 countries and the USA for Festivals and Performing Arts Events
- Pollstar Box Office sellouts on US and European dates
Lisa's multi-national approach to music has made her a world-renowned artist. Her musical talents have been featured on HBO, NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, BBC, Disney, Showtime, Family Channel, PBS and The Movie Channel, and as music director for Emmy-winning "Late Mr. Pete Show." She has worked with multi-Grammy winner/producer KebMo', Beatles' producer Sir George Martin, Little Richard, Queen Ida, Brian Setzer, John Hiatt, Randy Newman, Lyle Lovett, Taj Mahal, Dave Koz, Al Rapone, Rockin' Sydney, Joe Simien, and a host of others.
Lisa has performed in many films including Beverly Hillbillies Movie, Man in the Moon, Red Dragon, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and more, soundtrack on films The Waterboy, Muppet Movie, and Where the Red Fern Grows, and television commercials including Slim Jim, Taco Bell and Budweiser.
With seven albums in circulation, Lisa and her All-Star band The Zydekats receive airplay on hundreds of radio stations throughout the world.
- Absolutely Live! (2009) on Blue Fiddle Records
- King Cake (2008) GRAMMY Nominated on Blue Fiddle Records
- All the Way Live! (2006) on Blue Fiddle Records
- Reggie Alligator (2005) single on Blue Fiddle Records
- Talking to the Sun (2002) on Ryko/Warner
- Louisiana (2000) on Corazong Records Europe
- The Music of Joe Simien (1999) on Blue Fiddle Records
- Waiting for the Sky (1997) on Blue Fiddle Records
- Lisa Haley & the Zydekats (1995) on Blue Fiddle Records
The ultimate compliment: "That girl plays as good as a man!"
- Clifton Chenier, "The King of Zydeco"
"Lisa has the Spirit in her, big time! Her music just plain grabs you and takes you over!"
- KebMo', multi-GRAMMY winner, co-producer, Talking to the Sun on Ryko/Warner
"...enormous fun... makes people want to get up and enjoy!"
- Sir George Martin (Beatles' producer)
A world-class show - all the way to the top! We need more like Lisa Haley!
- John Ertl, Bastille Days Fest, Milwaukee
The - Mick Jagger - of Zydeco - Swamp-Rock ala Bonnie Raitt and Lucinda Williams
- Jake Bacon, KUCI Radio
Member: NARAS (Recording Academy/GRAMMYs); President, Freelance Musicians Assn-L.A. (FMA); RAAD (Recording Artists, Actors and Athletes Against Drunk Driving); L.A. Cultural Affairs Jazz Mentorship Program, Brad Pitt's Make It Right New Orleans, Nicolette Larson Memorial UCLA Childrens' endowment, Jackson Browne's Safety Harbor Childrens' Fund.
To find out more about Lisa Haley, please visit her website: www.lisahaley.com